Northeast Arkansas Regional Intermodal Facilities Authority
Lawrence County, Randolph County, City of Corning,
City of Pocahontas and City of Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
The Northeast Arkansas Regional Intermodal Facilities Authority (Authority) believes that to achieve economic development success the region must present a unified front of community, business, government and civic leaders. Therefore, it is essential that the Authority be a leader among other organizations and entities in this region, and Arkansas by designing, implementing and managing a program to foster cooperation and collaboration among these entities to enhance intermodal transportation and infrastructure throughout northeast Arkansas, in order to promote growth and prosperity in the region. The Northeast Arkansas Regional Intermodal Facilities Authority seeks a professional who will be seen as a cooperative and collaborative leader in the region and who will establish and maintain professional and effective working relationships with local, regional and statewide leaders.
The Executive Director plans, directs and manages the activities of the Northeast Arkansas Regional Intermodal Facilities Authority, whose mission is to create more and better employment opportunities for its region through the recruitment, expansion and retention of industry and business in each of its partnering entities. The position coordinates the Authority’s activities with other outside agencies and organizations.
Reporting Relationship: The Executive Director reports directly to, and serves at the will of, the Northeast Arkansas Regional Intermodal Facilities Authority Board of Directors.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties: Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Represent the Authority’s priorities and mission while seeking ways to address regional and local issues and opportunities by: 1) Personalizing the commitment to the region, taking ownership and tackling issues head on; 2) Helping the Region to assess strengths and limitations; 3) Facilitating meetings with key decision makers; 4) Following up to insure that a regional strategic plan of implementation is in place and on track; 5) Establish harmonized regional policy on the development and use of transportation infrastructure, with coherent frameworks and strategies for implementation.
- Maintain accurate records and reports. Oversees data collection, research and analysis to include a database of existing buildings and available sites.
- Develop and maintain contact and relationships with the region and its communities by: 1) Working with local elected officials, regional and community leaders and organizations; 2) Actively participating in regional meetings, economic development; 3) Representing the Authority by speaking at public and civic organizations, chamber of commerce meetings, as well as regional activities associated with economic development.
- Develop, plan and implement goals and objectives for the Authority; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
- Develop a marketing plan to promote the region to industrial and business prospects.
- Actively pursue the recruitment of new partners in the region.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties (continued):
- Mobilize the Authority around specific initiatives needed to increase and maintain a competitive business and operation environment in its partnering entities; Lawrence and Randolph Counties, the cities of Corning, Pocahontas and Walnut Ridge, Arkansas.
- Provide leadership and hands-on management of business recruitment and retention efforts so as to insure a healthy and growing economy of its partners.
- Oversees the administrative work of the Executive Assistant.
- Works with the Executive Assistant to keep the social media for the Authority current.
- Works with the Directors of area Chambers of Commerce to keep the Press and Job Posting areas of the web site current and up to date.
- At the direction of the board, develop a strategic plan for the Authority that makes the region an attractive and competitive opportunity for new industry and business.
- Maintains membership in Arkansas Economic Development Council.
- Attend at least one professional development event per year.
- Be a member of a local civic club.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Job Related and Essential Qualifications:
- Organization and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of economic development programs, policies and operational needs.
- Modern and complex principles and practices of economic development program administration and development.
- Real estate, real estate finance, marketing, public land use policy and regulation.
- Advanced principles and practices for budget preparation and administration.
- Current social, political and economic trends and operating problems of economic development.
- Economic development programs and services.
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Plan, organize, direct and coordinate the work of paid and volunteer staff; delegate authority and responsibility.
- Build liaisons, consensus and effective working relationships with all business, government and civic leaders in our community, region and state.
- Envision and communicate a compelling vision and Economic Development strategic plan for the Authority that generates broad support and endorsement.
- Effectively and fairly negotiate appropriate solutions and contracts.
- Allocate resources in a cost effective manner.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Conduct research and prepare clear and concise reports.
- Communicate clearly, both orally and written.
Ability to (Continued):
- Demonstrate maturity and sound judgment.
- Must understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including travel.
Experience and Training Guidelines: Any combination, equivalent to experience and training, which would obtain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in economics, business, public administration, advertising or related field desired. Management level experience in a related field such as real estate, business, marketing, planning or economic development.
Personable, outgoing and meets the public well. Possess unquestioned integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to travel as needed to meetings and events
- Occasional overnight and extended travel may occur
- Possession of a valid Arkansas driver’s license issued by the state DMV.
- Qualified applicants must pass a criminal background check.
How to Apply: Forward resumes and cover letter to email@example.com. For more information, visit our website at www.neaintermodal.com.