The Five Rivers Historic Preservation is hosting the 2012 Founder’s Day Festival on May 5th on the Historic Court Square in Pocahontas.
There will be Music, Food, Kid’s Games, a 5K, Quilt Show, Victorian Tea, Lecture Series, Historic Downtown Tours & More!
Main Stage Events:
- 9:30 Heritage 5K Awards
- 10:00 Opening Ceremonies
- 10:30 Northeast Arkansas Heritage dancers
- 11:00 Political speaking
- 12:00 Marilyn’s Cloggers
- 1:00 Rotary Cruise Winner announcement Century Farm Awards
- 1:30 Marilyn’s Violins
- 2:00 The Pokie Squealers (Pocahontas High School Jazz Band)
- 2:30 Jordan Seagraves
- 3:30 Emily Copeland
- 4:00 John Swann
- 5:00 Empty Pockets Band
- 6:30 Chillyrose
- 9:00 Haunted Pocahontas Tour ($5.00 per person)
- 7:00am Heritage 5k Registration Begins
- 8:00 Heritage 5k begins (in front of Studio B on the Square)
- 8:30 – 4:00 2012 Founder’s Day Lecture Series (Old Imperial Theater) Randolph’s Roots: Exploring Our Past – The Frontier Period 1800-1812 Hear lectures from historians from four states discuss their research about the earliest settlements in Randolph County, featuring topics such as Native Americans, whiskey distilling, family life, material culture and the hardships of frontier life.
- 9:00-11:00 Geocaching Workshop at the Eddie Mae Herron Center
- 10:00-2:00 Heritage Kids Zone (Everett Street towards library)
- 10:00-4:00 Quilt Show (Historic Courthouse)
- 10:00-1:00 Rotary Club Raffle Drawings (West of Courthouse)
- 11:30-1:00 Victorian Tea (Museum Annex)
- 1:30 Art Chair Auction (The Gallery on the Square)
For more information about the Founder’s Day 5K visit their Facebook Event Page.